font size on console.

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon Oct 25 06:21:20 PDT 2004

On 2004-10-25 08:48, pixiedave <pixiedave at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey all, is therer a way to adjust the "resolution" on the console?  I
> have played around with the settings in sysinstall, but it does not
> apear to do anything.  I have huge characters, and like small size
> fonts and more real estate.
>
> If it matters, ATI 7500 TV card and a 17 inch lcd display.
> Running 6.0 on a P4 Intel Board.

You can always try to kldload vesa.ko at boot time and then experiment
with VESA 800x600 modes:

	# vidcontrol -g 100x37 VESA_800x600

Someone was working on improved VESA support for the FreeBSD console.
The last time I checked the patch that floated around the -current
mailing list, it supported 800x600 modes, 1024x768, even 1280x1024 on
some adapters.

Then, there's always X11 :-)