RedHat: Buffer Overflow in "ls" and "mkdir"

Matt Navarre mnavarre at cox.net
Sun Oct 24 16:32:49 PDT 2004

Thomas Sparrevohn wrote:

> On Sunday 24 October 2004 23:00, FreeBSD questions mailing list wrote:
>
>>On 24 okt 2004, at 23:57, RedHat Security Team wrote:
>>
>>>   [logo_rh_home.png]
>>>
>>>   Original issue date: October 20, 2004
>>>   Last revised: October 20, 2004
>>>   Source: RedHat
>>>
>>>   A complete revision history is at the end of this file.
>>>
>>>   Dear RedHat user,
>>
>>huh?
>>I thought I ran FreeBSD...
>

> I guess so did I - not really sure that there are any relevance...

Isn't linux_base based on RedHat? There are ls and mkdir binaries in
/usr/compat/linux/bin, I suppose those could be affected by this.

"We all enter this world in the same way: naked, screaming,
  and soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind
  of thing doesn't have to stop there." -- Dana Gould