Audigy 2, Inspire and FreeBSD

Nicholas Wieland nicholas_wieland at yahoo.it
Sun Oct 24 04:41:11 PDT 2004

Hi all.
  I'm a FreeBSD user from abuot two years now, and I love it.
  I have a machine in my home network that I use as a "multimedia
  station" - i.e. something that my family can use to listen to music or
  watch a DVD without specific knowledge.
  I'm very happy with it, and my family too, so thanks to the FreeBSD
  hackers for such a piece of software !
  Now, I'd really like to try the official emu10k1 driver for my Audigy
  2 (now I'm using http://chibis.persons.gfk.ru/audigy/), but firstly
  I'd like to ask if there's something like the emuctrl tool that ships
  with the unofficial driver.
  The "problem" is that I have an Inspire system - 6 speakers + 1
  subwoofer - and I don't know how to control the volume of every single
  speaker.

  Does FreeBSD support a beast like mine ?

FreeBSD pixie.subbacultcha.home 5.3-RC1 FreeBSD 5.3-RC1 #8: Thu Oct 21
13:35:12 CEST 2004
root at pixie.subbacultcha.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SUBBACULTCHA  i386

  Example of emuctrl tunables:

Id      Description               Vol   RecVol
FX (PCM) buses
fx0     DSP FX BUS 0            100:100 (0:0)
DSP Inputs
in0     AC97 Codec                0:0   (0:0)
in1     CD S/PDIF                 0:0   (0:0)
in2     Optical S/PDIF            0:0   (0:0)
in4     Line-In (2)               0:0   (0:0)
in5     Coaxial S/PDIF            0:0   (0:0)
in6     AUX2                      0:0   (0:0)
DSP Outputs
out0    DIGITAL: Front            0:0
out1    DIGITAL: Center           0
out2    DIGITAL: Subwoofer        0