Why can't on install packages for 5-current on 5-release?

Ben Washington-Yule benwy_01 at yahoo.com.au
Sat Oct 23 23:10:11 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm beginning to understand the diffs between -STABLE, -CURRENT and
RELEASE but I have a question regarding packages. I am using
5.2.1-RELEASE, and "pkg_add -r mozilla" installs version 1.5 or
thereabouts of mozilla, 1.7 being the latest stable release. I have
noticed that there is a much more recent (1.7) package of mozilla
available from "packages-5-current"; can I install this package on my
5.2.1-RELEASE computer?