A good IDE for C development?

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Sat Oct 23 12:39:41 PDT 2004

On 2004-10-24 03:35, Choy Kho Yee <khoyee at tf7.so-net.ne.jp> wrote:
> Hi, I am a student of Computer Science.
> I am looking for a good IDE(integrated development environment?) for
> developing C programs. Something like netbeans for Java would be good.
> Since I am still learning, I will mainly develop with source codes.

Emacs is perfectly fine for most of this.

> FYI, I am using emacs and a terminal now.
> Any recommendations would be appreciated.

That's what I use for all my development work too.  You can configure
Emacs to be a very comfortable and fast development environment.

Start by binding keys to functions, with something like this:

	(define-key global-map [(f5)] 'compile)

The good thing about Emacs, that no netbeans or other GUI IDE I've seen
so far can surpass, is that you can build your own IDE out of it :-)

- Giorgos