(g_)vinum]

Mark Frasa bsd at frasa.net
Fri Oct 22 01:55:41 PDT 2004

On 2004.10.22 10:26:25 +0000, Mark Frasa wrote:
> On 2004.10.21 12:57:53 +0000, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> > On Thursday 21 October 2004 12:21, Mark Frasa wrote:
> >
> > > Arg stupid, off course..
> >
> > Nah.  There's a lot of information there to go through.  I didn't realize
> > how ready gvinum was for production until I edited my /etc/fstab a couple
> > of weeks ago to replace /dev/vinum with /dev/gvinum and everything Just
> > Worked (tm).  Wish all of my software migrations were this easy.  :)
> >
> > > You can't imagine how happy i am atm. Now i finally can move on.
> > >
> > > Thanks a million.
> >
> > You bet.  Take care!
> > --
> > Kirk Strauser
>
> Right,
>
> can you or anyone tell me how to make gvinum load automatically?
>
> In /boot/loader.conf I set:
>
> vinum_load="YES"
> vinum.autostart="YES"
>
> This doest not work, even:
>
> gvinum_load="YES"
> gvinum.autostart="YES"
>
> When i boot in single user mode and i mount the gvinum volumes, everything is OK!
> Thus it really is the problem of the autoload and start of vinum.
>
> Mark.

AH, i found the error:

the configfile was named gvinum.conf

Thus vinum _did_ load but could nog find any disks.

Now i renamed it to /etc/vinum.conf it starts up, reconizes all the plexes and disks and tells every part is up.

The error is see is:

Mounting root from ufs:/dev/gvinum/root
set root by name failed
ffs_mountroot: can't find rootvp
Root mount failed: 6

Then it goes to manual root filesystem specification.

Any ID?