libtool13

Dominique Hoffman dhoffman at cigital.com
Thu Oct 21 14:57:20 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I am new to FreeBSD.  I am trying to install apache 1.3.31 and I keep
getting the following error:

apache-1.3.31_6 depends on shared library: expat.5 - not found
===>    Verifying install for expat.5 in /usr/ports/textproc/expat2
===>   expat-1.95.8 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/libtool13 - not
found
===>    Verifying install for /usr/local/bin/libtool13 in
/usr/ports/devel/libtool13
===>  Installing for libtool-1.3.5_2
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if devel/libtool13 already installed
ln: POSIX: Operation not permitted
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/libtool13.
*** Error code 1

Output or 'uname -a'

FreeBSD mycomputer.mydomain.com 4.10-STABLE FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE #1: Mon
Oct 18 13:58:38 EDT 2004
root at mycomputer.mydomain.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

Thank you in advance for your help.

Dominique

This electronic message transmission contains information that may be
confidential or privileged.  The information contained herein is intended
solely for the recipient and use by any other party is not authorized.  If
you are not the intended recipient (or otherwise authorized to receive this
message by the intended recipient), any disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of the contents of the information is prohibited.  If you have received
this electronic message transmission in error, please contact the sender by
reply email and delete all copies of this message.  Cigital, Inc. accepts no
responsibility for any loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from
the use of this email or its contents.
Thank You.