Upgrading a 5.1-RELEASE-p10 system...

Glenn Sieb ges at wingfoot.org
Tue Oct 19 19:16:30 PDT 2004

Alex de Kruijff said the following on 10/19/2004 9:01 PM:

>Gerely speeking, STABLE doesn't mean things never gets broken. Most
>reliable are the RELEASE plus fixes. So don't follow 5-STABLE but
>5-RELENG

To help ease frustration and such.. you mean:

Follow RELENG_5_2 not RELENG_5 (from:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvs-tags.html)

In cvsup-supfile speak for those of us using cvsup to sync our source trees

Thanks for the advice, Alex! :)

Best,
G.

          ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759