Good newsreaders for FreeBSD?

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Tue Oct 19 10:59:54 PDT 2004

> I'm looking for a newsreader that has multi-server capabilities in that
> it can piece together articles using different newsgroup servers.
> Similar to NewsPro for windoze.  Anyone had any luck with a good
> newreader port for FreeBSD?  I'm running FreeBSD 4.10 if that makes any
> difference.

It doesn't have that particular feature you mentioned, but the one news reader
that is closest to being perfect for me is slrn - very nice.

As someone mentioned; leafnode can be used as a suitable "proxy" NNTP server
that can pull news from multiple servers.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org