Problems installing devel/subversion port

Paul Schmidt pschmidt5 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 10:26:01 PDT 2004

[I originally posted this to freebsd-ports, but figured this might be
a better place to ask since the website says freebsd-ports is for
discussion about the ports infrastructure, etc and freebsd-questions
is for user questions and technical support -- should have double
checked that first] :-/

I can't get subversion to install, and I suspect it may be a problem
with the port...  This is what I get when I try to build (with all
default options):

===>   Returning to build of subversion-1.0.8
===>  Configuring for subversion-1.0.8

You select to use`devel/apr' for apr library.
It seems that `devel/apr' is not properly installed.

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/subversion.

I just saw it installing the apr-svn port, which can be verified here:

/usr/ports/devel/subversion % pkg_info -a -I | grep apr
apr-nothr-gdbm-db4-1.0.0 The Apache Group's Portability Library

After digging around in the Makefile for the port for that error
message, I see it is doing this test:

   @if [ ! -x ${APR_APU_DIR}/apr-config -o ! -x ${APR_APU_DIR}/apu-config ] ; t
hen \

Which is failing, because on my system I have:

/usr/local/bin % ls -al apr*
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  6597 Oct 19 07:09 apr-1-config*

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks,
-Paul