how to convert a non-RAID system to RAID1?

Matthias F. Brandstetter haimat at lame.at
Tue Oct 19 06:49:49 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I have a FreeBSD 4.10 server running on one IDE disk. Now I installed a 2nd
disk which I want to use for RAID1 together with first disk.

My question is: How can I convert this setup to a software RAID1, without
rebooting the machine or something like that. Is this even possible?

I know this isn't much work under Linux, but since I just started with
FreeBSD, I wanted to ask you guys before I play with this production
machine... ;)

Hope you can help me and point me to the right directions!
I've allready read vinum handbook on freebsd.org, but I am not sure how to
convert an existing non-RAID system to RAID1.

Greetings and TIA, Matthias

--
TV Announcer:
 The following is a public service announcement: Excessive

Homer: Mmm ... beer.

     So It's Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show