5.3-STABLE ????

Subhro subhro.kar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 21:24:29 PDT 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:18:51 -0700, Vonleigh Simmons
<nospam at illusionart.com> wrote:

>         Sorry to hijack the thread. My box is running 5.2, and I'd like to
> upgrade it to 5.2.1. Problem is that the server is in a colo so I only
> have SSH access to it; because of this I can't drop into single user
> mode.
You dont need to. Although recommended to get to the single user mode,
it is not a compulsion. You can very well go through the installworld
in multiuser mode. But try to lock out the box first before attempting
it and try to kill all the processes of other users.

And BTW cvsup first.

Regards
S.

--