How to remove a patch from a port?

Joshua Tinnin krinklyfig at spymac.com
Mon Oct 18 15:05:29 PDT 2004

I'm wondering how to remove a custom patch for a port. I am sort of new
at this, but I've managed to learn how to patch a port and upgrade it
for testing. But I'm not at all sure how to remove that patch if need
be. What I've been doing is removing a chunk of the ports tree with
cd /usr/ports && rm -rf */*portname* and then cvsup'ping again, but
this doesn't seem right or very efficient. I've read the man page for
patch, but the only thing I can come up with is the reverse option,
which I must admit I don't totally understand. Can anyone explain this
in a way that makes sense?

- jt