Python Issue

John Koepke jxkoepk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 11:18:08 PDT 2004

Hey all,
     I have asked this before but this time I am subscribed to the
list.  I current have a PHP script that runs various Python scripts.
It checks to see if they are running, by doing a ps -ax -w -w | grep
and the script name.  But for some reason Python shows just (python)
if you do a ps.  It doesn't show that anything is running but
(python).  I can only assume that this is some sort of patch or
setting when python was installed.
     Other than just downloading the python source and re-building my
box, is there a way to fix this issue?

Python 2.3.4_2 (installed via the PortsTree)
PhP 4 (Installed Via the Ports Tree)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

John