RAID in FreeBSD

andy at neu.net andy at neu.net
Sun Oct 17 22:34:13 PDT 2004

According to the handbook it says:
The twe driver provides support for the following series of ATA RAID con-
     trollers:

     o   Escalade 3W-5x00
     o   Escalade 3W-6x00
     o   Escalade 3W-7x00
     o   Escalade 3W-8x00

     These devices support 2, 4 or 8 ATA disk drives and provide RAID0
(strip-
     ing) and RAID1 (mirroring) functionality.

I am considering buying a 3Ware Escalade 7506-4LP Kit, 4 port low profile
ATA 133 PCI 64/66 RAID Controller to use RAID5.  The card supports
level 5, my question is, is RAID5 supported on FreeBSD?  Does anyone have
experience with this card good or bad?  Are there any other suggestions
for lowcost IDE RAID5?

TIA