5.3-STABLE?

Choy Kho Yee khoyee at tf7.so-net.ne.jp
Sun Oct 17 19:10:56 PDT 2004

On 2004/10/18, at 2:11, Radek Kozlowski wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 12:58:15PM -0400, Mark Frank wrote:
>> Yesterday I did a fresh install off of a 5.3beta5 CD and them before
>> going to bed last night I cvsup'ed with a "*default release=cvs
>> tag=RELENG_5" and a buildworld/buildkernel/installkernel cycle.
>>
>> I had expected to end up with 5.3beta7 but to my surprise I ended up
>> with
>> a "uname -a" of:
>>
>> FreeBSD guinness.local.mark-and-erika.com 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD
>> 5.3-STABLE #0:
>> Sun Oct 17 02:47:12 EDT 2004
>> root at guinness.local.mark-and-erika.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
>> i386
>>
>> Do I really have 5.3-STABLE or am I missing something? I can't find
>> any announcement on the freebsd.org web site.  Is this really
>> 5.3-STABLE?  I assumed there would be a 5.3-RC1...or is this it?
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2004-October/033698.html
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2004-October/033702.html
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2004-October/033703.html
>
> -Radek

Sorry but I am not very sure about this after reading the above CVS
commit messages.
Does that mean if we don't want to follow the -STABLE branch but would
like to stick
to 5.3-RELEASE, this is the time to change the tag to "RELENG_5_3" or
else we would
end up with -STABLE?

Thanks.

---
Choy Kho Yee
url: http://dotkoyi.infoseek.ne.jp/
blog: http://dotkoyi.blogspot.com/

"There are only 10 types of people in the world, i.e. those who
understand binary numbers
and those who do not."