The release of 5.3

NetAdmin daemon at foxchat.net
Sun Oct 17 12:54:23 PDT 2004

    Saw the mention of "em nics" and wanted to double check for my own
piece of mind...  I have a Supermicro SuperServer 5013G-I P4 3.06GHz 1U
with Dual Intel 82540EM Gigabit Ethernet that I'm waiting to put 5.3
Release on.
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.2R/hardware-i386.html#ETHERNET shows -
Gigabit Ethernet NICs based on the Intel 82542 and 82543 controller
chips (gx(4) and em(4) drivers), plus NICs supported by the Intel
82540EM, 82544, 82545EM, and 82546EB controller chips (em(4) driver
only)
    Can I safely presume (without getting flamed) that my nic's will be
supported?

Regards

--
NetAdmin for the FoxChat.Net IRC Network.
The FoxSurfer Group