Freebsd work on Toshiba Satellite A25 laptop?

Peter Kurpis kurpis at drizzle.com
Sat Oct 16 19:35:15 PDT 2004

Thanks, Michael.  I saw this before, but the A25 is not listed.  The A20 is,
but I'm not sure how similar the hardware is.

Alternatively, is there a list of supported hardware I could check (i.e. for
the video, sound, modem...)?  I tried finding one on http://www.freebsd.org,
but couldn't.

> Peter:
>
> Try this site for reference: (The FreeBSD Laptop Compatibility List)
>
> http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/
>
> Michael
>
> Peter Kurpis wrote:
>
> > Hi, I've had problems installing FreeBSD on laptops before, so I'm
asking in advance. :-)

> > Does FreeBSD work on a Toshiba Satellite A25 laptop?  What version?
Does 4.x?

> > Does X?  (Windows says it has a Trident CyberALADDiN-P4 video, and a
SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio (Analog Devices, Inc.) sound.)