RES: pause on kernel panic how-to

Claudio Destro o1b6 at tiscali.it
Sat Oct 16 11:44:03 PDT 2004

I've seen the configuration option is 'PANIC_REBOOT_WAIT_TIME = -1',
maybe I asked the wrong question :)

I meant: Is there a way to make a panic more noisy when tinkering with X?

5.3-BETA7 is quite stable, then I use it with KDE; but sometimes I get a
panic, and sometimes I send a PR.

The problem is how I can effectively dump a fatal trap during "normal"
operation.

As far as I can understand reading 'src/sys/kern/subr_prf.c' (putchar),
trapframe is printed only on screen.

If I need to write them down by hand, then I need to see them...
Is it correct?

--
Claudio Destro