Named configuration question

Albert Vila albert.vila at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 02:22:50 PDT 2004

Hi all,

 I've got a freebsd dedicated server in germany. My web page is only
accessible by www.mydomain.com. Now, I wanna create subdomains by
country, for instance, france.mydomain.com, spain.mydomain.com, ....

I think I have to set-up the named and create virtual-hosts in my
apache. However, my server has the named and bind already installed,
but no /etc/namedb folder exists. I've tried to create it and its
files, but the named does not work.

I didn't found any web that explains the whole process clearly.

Could anyone please provide a default example with this initial
configuration for my domain?, just the basic one, I don't have any
other special requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Albert