questions

Fri Oct 15 20:01:09 PDT 2004

http://darkice.sourceforge.net/
http://liveice.sourceforge.net/
http://www.gnuware.com/icecast/

> i wante to set up a server for www and music streams (for underground
> electronic music in cordoba argentina)

nice! What kind of music?

> i first stard about shoutcast and i dont want to run it over windows..
> there are my reason why not.. there is no point to talk about that
> isnt?

shoutcast runs just fine on my pentium 2, 200 MHz.
I stream my sl1200 through a soundblaster AWE 16 directly to the
internet.
this using darkice in combination with icecast
I tried a couple of livecast versions without any result.

> so what i wanna know?

You wanna know everything :)

Arno