OSS sound driver doesnt work

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Fri Oct 15 07:31:08 PDT 2004

Spiral Eyed Girl said:
> In KDE, I am using the aRts sound driver, if that helps. And I hope I have
> made sense, I am not good at requesting help.

If you're interested, here is a great paper on how to become better.

Regarding xmms, I've had heaps of trouble with it for the past couple of years
on various versions of FreeBSD and a variety of Linux distributions. It just
doesn't seem to be maintained very well. There are alternatives available in
ports/audio and ports/multimedia, many with better features and interfaces
than xmms.

--
Charles Ulrich
System Administrator