Interrupt storm detected on "irq7"

Enrique Ayesta Perojo eayesta at portugalete.uned.es
Fri Oct 15 01:49:50 PDT 2004

Hello, i'm running FreeBSD 5.3 BETA-7 from October 13, everytime i try to
print something through my LPT printer i get the next message:

Interrupt storm detected on "irq 7: lpt0"; throttling interrupt source

and the printer gets extremely slow. I've googled a bit and have found it's
not a strange problem, some people suggest to add SMP option to the kernel
(it's a one processor machine) or increasing the number of simultaneous
interruptions at sysctl. I don't think any of them are a good choice, but....

Anyone of you has had this problem? and if so, how did you solve?

Thanks in advance