how do I suppress system messages?

Lynette Tillner ltillner at avs-1.com
Thu Oct 14 11:41:38 PDT 2004

I did this, and even did a reboot of the server but the messages haven't
stopped.  Since this is a machine managed by my ISP (I don't have a full
dedicated server, just a Virtual Private Server with 2 gig of disk space)
could something be overriding my syslog.conf file?  I looked at rc.conf but
didn't see anything that I thought was appropriate to comment out.

Also, I can't switch to another tty because my only access is remote --- I
don't have console access.

Thanks!
Lynette