HZ=100 ?? vmware

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Thu Oct 14 10:57:29 PDT 2004

Okey, I found out I need to increase the HZ=100 default in the kernel
config to a higher number. I also understand it decreases  system
response times.

So, what I need to know is the lowest setup for HZ=??? to be able to run
vmware3 in full screen. I got to get rid of the "rtc: 100 > kern.hz"
prompt.

Google tells me to increase to HZ=1200 but is this not too high?

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.10 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)