antivirus

Mike Doyle relyod at cooperationireland.org
Thu Oct 14 08:12:12 PDT 2004

At 13:40 14/10/2004, metallarch wrote:
>Does freebsd support any antivirus programs(server) for windows computers?

At my site, we have a 100 user licence for Sophos AV,
and it supports Windows, Mac OS 8+ and OS X, and various unix
flavours including both FreeBSD 3.x and FreeBSD 4.x

In FreeBSD I use the sophos "sweep" on demand scanner to scan incomming
mail attachments before delivering them to user mail boxes. Desktop
users have the on-access scanner running all the time in their MS
Windows and/or Mac OSX environments.

We use Sophos on the Unix server cause I think it's the best fit for our
organisation as a whole (especially the Windows desktop & file server
which is what the majority of machines run... though not the majority
of our servers).

Hope this helps.

Michael Doyle          email: relyod at cooperationireland.org
Network Administrator              mobile: +353 87 235 7853
Co-operation Ireland	  http://www.cooperationireland.org/
Phone: +353-1-661 0588                 Fax: +353-1-661 8456