Shutdown And User Intervention

Subhro subhro.kar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 00:18:00 PDT 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 21:39:25 -0700 (PDT), Rishi Chopra
<idfubar at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks to Mick, Andreas, Geert and Dee for their
> suggestions.
>
> I tried adding the suggested line (I'm running 5.2.1)
> but the response is:
>
> config: Error: device "acpica" is unknown
> config: 1  errors
>
> Do I need to be running a special kernel to enable
> acpica?  Is there any other way to enable ACPI?  Will
> I have to start a daemon after compiling the kernel to
> enable ACPI?

There are two ways to do it. One of them is to add the line device
acpi to the kernel config and recompile the kernel. The second option
is to load acpi as a module.
kldload acpi.ko

Alternatively you can put acpi_enable="YES" in /boot/loader.conf to
automate the process. And there is no daemon like apmd for acpi. It is
a KLM.

Regards
S.

--