stopping sendmail completely

Choy Kho Yee khoyee at tf7.so-net.ne.jp
Wed Oct 13 22:44:41 PDT 2004

Hi, I wish to stop sendmail from starting during boot up completely
since I don't need it. And I found this on the net:

 > By the way, if getting rid of Sendmail is your goal, then
 > sendmail_enable="NONE", while working, is not the best solution.
 > sendmail_enable, like the other sendmail_* knobs, is an rc.sendmail
 > setting, and you can easily disable even loading rc.sendmail by
setting
 > the mta_startup_script knob to an empty string ("").

Does this mean that I only need to add the entry:
#------------------------------
mta_startup_script=""
in /etc/rc.conf to stop sendmail completely?

Thanks.

---
Choy Kho Yee
url: http://dotkoyi.infoseek.ne.jp/
blog: http://dotkoyi.blogspot.com/

"There are only 10 types of people in the world, i.e.
those who understand binary numbers and those who do not."