GNOME questions

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Wed Oct 13 11:06:26 PDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 11:46:43AM -0500, Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. wrote:
> Gary Kline wrote:

> >>gnome-terminal can save settings in classes, and a class can be
> >>specified on the launch command line. If you want them to open when
> >>Gnome starts, add them in the session startup control.
> >>

> ><>
> >In what specific file? Say that I want two xterms with
> >a -14-- point type, one anchored at +0-0 and the other
> >anchored at +0+0. Also, let's say that I want one to
> >be initialized with '-iconic' and the other to be displayed.
> >Where is the session startup control? (i have looked for
> >docs on by-hand configuration; haven't found it.)
> >

> Clicky, clicky.  Gnome Menu > Applications > Desktop Preferences
> > Advanced > Session ... pick the "startup" tab.
>
> I *think* this is what you are asking?
>
> I beg forgiveness in advance for a] butting in, b] any obtuseness,
> missing the point, etc.

	Thanks for your help.  Right now I'm in the midst of
	portupgrading three servers.  So it'll be awhile.  My
	test platform for Gnome is my Thinkpad 600E that I've
	beefed up as far as possible.   The laptop is my testbed
	for new wm's.  (I figure if things will work on a 400MHz,
	288M computer, they'll work elsewhere ... I may be wrong!!)

	Will I be able to edit this "startup"?  All I want to do
	is find the right file to drop in some customization.

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix