ipfw - denying all - what port for OE

Tim Aslat tim at spyderweb.com.au
Tue Oct 12 22:31:46 PDT 2004

In the immortal words of David Banning
<david+dated+1098075866.4c9cf2 at skytracker.ca>...

> My server is my desktop. My ipfw rules follow. Whenever I take
> out line 12000 is runs fine. When I put it back in I can't run
> OE.
<snip>

You might want to try something like:

ipfw add allow ip from any to me 25  # SMTP
ipfw add allow ip from any to me 52  # DNS
ipfw add allow ip from any to me 67  # DHCP
ipfw add allow ip from any to me 80  # HTTP
ipfw add allow ip from any to me 110 # POP3
ipfw add allow ip from any to me 143 # IMAP
ipfw add allow ip from any to me 443 # HTTPS

and so forth.  Note the "from any to me" rather than "from any to any"

Hope this helps

Cheers

Tim

--