Error sending mail from off-network... (details inside)

Eric Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Tue Oct 12 19:19:14 PDT 2004

Hello list.

Here's my predicament.  I am currently out of town on business.  If I
dial in to my ISP, I can send mail fine.  I have ADSL at home, and they
offer dial-up for when the DSL goes down, or you're out of town.  I
have other users who can connect and send mail, and I can receive mail
just fine.  Sending mail is my only issue.  My laptop (I'm using Mac OS
X with Mail.app) says the connection timed out.

Where can I look in my log files to find out what, on the network I'm
on, is causing these errors?  I can ssh into the server, sftp, etc.
Only things I can't seem to do is PPTP and send mail.

thanks!

-----
Eric F Crist
Secure Computing Networks