Apache13+static modperl+modssl?

Tillman Hodgson tillman at seekingfire.com
Tue Oct 12 14:26:12 PDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 03:15:10PM -0500, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> --On Tuesday, October 12, 2004 01:43:35 PM -0600 Tillman Hodgson
> <tillman at seekingfire.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>Install apache13-modssl, then install www/mod-perl.
> >
> >That's what I have now, and it results in a mod-perl /module/.
> >www/bricolage requires a mod-perl compiled into Apache (not a module).
> >
> >I dug through the Makefile for www/mod_perl and didn't find knob to
> >statically compile it into Apache (I would have been surprised to find
> >it, actually).
> >
> >Is there something you meant that I'm missing?
> >
> No.  I just wasn't paying attention when I responded.  Sorry.
>
> Is -DWITH-PERL not working?  If you install www/apache13-modssl, one of the
> configure options is with_perl.  I assume that means statically compiled
> into apache.

I tried a `portupgrade -mWITH_PERL=true -f apache+mod_ssl`, but
www/bricolage still complains and `/usr/local/sbin/httpd -l` shows only:

Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /usr/local/sbin/suexec

I didn't find WITH-PERL (or WITH_PERL, just in case) in the Makefile for
www/apache+mod_ssl, and it's not listed as a knob in the pre-fetch
section.

I'll try this over on the ports list as well.

-T

--
"Architecture in general is frozen music."
    -- Friedrich Schelling, _Philosophie der Kunst_