dummynet

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Tue Oct 12 05:57:05 PDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 08:47:56PM -0400, synrat wrote:
> Can someone tell me about a good way to troubleshoot pipes/queues or
> point me in the rigtt direction. I'm trying to restrict outgoing ftp
> traffic and create some pipes for VOIP. dummynet and pipe rules load
> fine ( and are in the kernel ) but seem to have no effect. I did read
> the manual pages 20 times over. I tried adding pipes before doing
> "config bw" on them, but that didn't make any difference.
> thanx a lot in advance.

You're example seems to be correct. You can use the log keyword to
diagnose you're situation. See the manual ipfw for this.

I'll bet you just didn't compile DUMMYNET in to you're kernel. There are
no loadable modules for dummynet. See the handbook on how to do this.
www.freebsd.org/handbook

--
Alex

Please copy the original recipients, otherwise I may not read your reply.
WWW: http://www.kruijff.org/alex/FreeBSD/