cannot install freebsd

alex draejin at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 9 12:43:09 PDT 2004

while i am trying to install freebsd 5.2.1 i get and error:

something about video card timing 10.000msec
panic:ohci_add_done: addr 0x00004000 not found
cpuid = 0;

i have searched most of the freebsd handbook, any forum i could find,
and talking to a firend i can find NOTHING about this.  apparently i'm
the only newbie to ever have this problem.

i thought it was my keyboard and mouse being usb, so i tried ps/2 ones.
the only difference is one it hits that error it actually reboots in
15sec like it says.

i believe that the problem is with the default smp kernel, or my
motherboard.
i have a gigabyte 7dpxdw-p motherboard
2 gig of ecc mem
gigabyte nvidia 5700