What version of FBSD does Yahoo run?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sat Oct 9 12:26:19 PDT 2004

No, it is just I would be surprised if they didn't.

Yahoo like any large company almost certainly has patentable ideas
and a crew of lawyers reviewing everything.  I would also expect
they have a patent portfolio.  Otherwise nothing would prevent some
competitor ripping off their ideas and setting up a duplicate
"yahoo" website.  I would guess - since it is usual for this in
most large companies - that some of these ideas are implemented in
the FreeBSD they run.

I don't work at Yahoo so I can freely speculate.  And my speculations
are founded on what is normal and usual for most larger companies.
Nobody that works at Yahoo and actually knows the truth would be
able to even speak hypothetically about what runs at Yahoo, as they
would almost certaily be under an NDA.  (something that is also
normal and usual for most large companies)

Ted