Protecting SSH from brute force attacks

JohnsoBS at vicksburg.navy.mil JohnsoBS at vicksburg.navy.mil
Thu Oct 7 22:37:46 PDT 2004

I run my public sshd in a jail and close all other ports. I also delete
every binary minus the tools needed to ssh into the host and other jails I
have setup. I ssh to my jail ip's internally and nat ports as needed from
the external. I am pretty secure even if they do gain access to the public
sshd, and I think once they do if ever break into that, the box is fairly
well still secure.