Having a problem running quake3 on my system running 5.2.1 FreeBSD

Devesh Shah shah at docomolabs-usa.com
Wed Oct 6 15:30:14 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am tring to run  /usr/ports/games/q3server (quake3) and runs into the problem.
The installation seems to be OK but game would not start because of the the following error.

Sys_Error: Couldn't load default.cfg.

This problem seems to have been described in the following site but no solution
is evident.

http://lists.asu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0305&L=asulug&F=&S=&P=12606

Do I need to have pak0.pk3 zip file from CD as I don't find any documentation
regarding default.cfg for quake 3 game?

I have installed the LINUX compatible drivers and libraries and have loaded
nvidia.ko on my system.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
-devesh