Question about Installation --

Vincent M. DeFabis mesaexplorerbc1 at qwest.net
Tue Oct 5 13:00:06 PDT 2004

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is going to the right place, but hopefully you can
help.

I am a new user and I want to set up FreeBSD on a server. I'm just
testing it on a server with a Pentium 233, 128MB RAM. The boot loader
finds all of my devices, but when it gets to "cpu(0) on motherboard",
the system just hangs. I cannot get to any installation options, or even
to a command prompt. I have searched through the website, but I am
unable to find anything that might help me. I have tried turning off
"Plug-N-Play OS" in my CMOS settings, but that was also unsuccessful.

Anywhere I can be directed for help would be great!

Thank you,

Vincent DeFabis
mesaexplorerbc1 at qwest.net