Load increase after upgrading php4

Sheets, Jason (OZ CEEDR) jason.sheets at hp.com
Mon Oct 4 10:19:42 PDT 2004

Building PHP modules makes it very easy to load optional functionality
however it will decrease performance, sometimes drastically.

I hand build PHP because of this reason and also because I want upgrades
as soon as they are released and ports usually lags a few days.

It is also possible something changed in PHP between the two installs,
I'd try a hand compile of PHP without using modules for the
functionality you know you want.

There is a lot of really good information available about tuning PHP +
Apache that can be accessed by searching on google.com.

Jason

Lindridge's