lpd remote printing

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Mon Oct 4 00:15:19 PDT 2004

You need to define a printcap entry on .1 that does no processing, then
do the print processing on the .2 system (apsfilter) and send the binary
result to the "no-processing" queue on the .1 system.

I don't know what your sending from .2 to .1, probably raw postscript -
which in my experience is usually misinterpreted when it's not processed
on the machine it's generated on.

I know that in theory you should be able to send postscript jobs from any
bsd or even windows systems to a central server that converts the postscript
to whatever binary-speak that the HP1300 uses - but in practice I've never
got this to work 100% all the time.

Ted