pf for FreeBSD

Eric Kjeldergaard kjelderg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 21:10:02 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 15:45:07 -0500, Jay Moore
<jaymo at cromagnon.cullmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 September 2004 07:33 am, shane mullins wrote:
>
> << reformatted to correct top-posting >>

I hate to say this because I bear no hostility towards openBSD, but
there are many reasons to opt for freebsd.  I know I did when I just
built a firewall.  My reason was multiprocessor support.  While
FreeBSD on SMP is gorgeous and intricate, under oBSD, it is
non-existant until next version.  Further, I am more used to FreeBSD
and adminning OS's that you are less used to is generally a bad idea
when setting up machines.  The hardware support for FreeBSD is also
decidedly more vast than that of oBSD and the performance of fBSD
generally faster.

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.