Problem while installing GLIB-2.4.0 FOR GTK2.0 on freeBSD5.2.1

Ndolo Patrick ndologoy at yahoo.fr
Sat Oct 2 04:55:11 PDT 2004

Hello,

I need to install glib-2.4.0 prior to installing gtk2.0

I am using source package glib-2.4.0.tar.gz

I have libiconv installed with prefix /usr/local

According to consulted documentation, the sequence of commands to compile and install is

./configure --with-libiconv=/usr/local
make
make install

The ./configure exits with error message iconv or libiconv not found. I have also tried ./configure without prefix but did not achieve any results.

Can anyone help?

Papy