A packages question.

Eric Kjeldergaard kjelderg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 19:27:29 PDT 2004

While this idea may seem good on the surface, it's really a very bad
idea (and I speak from experience) to hand-modify your package
database.  What you /should/ do instead is force the addition of the
packages.  `pkg_add -f <packageName>`

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 22:16:45 -0400 (EDT), doug at safeport.com
<doug at safeport.com> wrote:
> Neither XFree86 4.4 nor Xorg supports the video on my laptop while XFree86 4.3
> works.
>
> I want to set up the package database to say XFree 4.4 is installed to see if I
> can install the latest packages. Does anyone know that this will not work? Also
> if I could get some pointer on how to modify the package db or where this may be
> documented
>
> _____
> Douglas Denault
> http://www.safeport.com
> doug at safeport.com
> Voice: 301-469-8766
>   Fax: 301-469-0601

If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.