Pam_ldap

Dick Davies rasputnik at hellooperator.net
Fri Oct 1 07:03:27 PDT 2004

Right, basically this is doing what I thought - just checking passwords
in AD without looking up user info, so the accounts need to exist on the bsd server
(that may become a real pain in the arse, by the way).

couple of quick checks;

1) the ldap.conf referred to should  be /usr/local/etc/ldap.conf *NOT*
/etc/openldap/ldap.conf

2) can you log onto the console as these users? If you're sshing you may need
to edit /etc/pam.d/sshd, and not login.

3) what's in your logs? If you have the 'debug' flag on, something will be getting
written to - check /var/log/secure and /var/log/messages

* Bret Walker <bret-walker at northwestern.edu> [1043 13:43]:

--
Yeah, life is hilariously cruel. - Bender