Trying to find ULE's benchmark program

Peter Bex Peter.Bex at student.kun.nl
Fri Oct 1 04:51:08 PDT 2004

Hi list,

I'm in the process of preparing for an internship during which I will be
working on NetBSD's process scheduler.  Right now I'm gathering information
on the availability of existing scheduler benchmarking tools.

I've read Jeff Robertson's ULE paper, which mentions that a benchmarking
program was created for ULE called Late.  I would like to try this program
for my own testing and perhaps extend it a little.

According to the paper, Late can be found in the FreeBSD source tree.
I just checked out the tree using cvs (using no tags, so I assume that's
the current version), but I can't find this benchmarking program anywhere.

Could someone please give me a pointer to where I should look in the tree?
(or perhaps some other scheduler benchmarking programs you know of)

BTW, I am not subscribed to the list, so please CC me on your replies.

Thanks in advance,
Peter Bex
--
http://www.student.kun.nl/peter.bex