Platforms

kaelthun at zeelandnet.nl kaelthun at zeelandnet.nl
Fri Oct 1 04:36:10 PDT 2004

Dear FreeBSD staff member,

I have no idea what all these platforms mean, I am especially confused by the following
statement:

"operating system for x86 compatible (including Pentium and Athlon), amd64 compatible
(including Opteron, Athlon 64"

And when I look to the left in the menu, I don't see x86 as a category. I am currently
employing an AMD Athlon XP 2200+ as a processor so I have no idea how to proceed. What
platform should I use for the processor I am using?

Thank you in advance, I am looking forward to using your OS =)

Regards,

Jimmy Koeman
Kaelthun Morganthis
Angelfeet Industries