NVidia driver not using AGP?

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Tue Nov 30 08:42:53 PST 2004

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 10:27, Kenneth Culver wrote:

> This is almost exactly what I did to use nvidia's agp, yet it still won't
> work on any of the machine's I've tried it with.

Likewise here.  I've built custom kernels without agp so that I could try
the nvidia AGPGART, and I've tried using FreeBSD's AGP driver with
x11/nvidia-driver compiled with the appropriate settings.  No matter what
combination I try, I end up with

    hw.nvidia.agp.status.status: disabled

From looking at the agp(4) man page, I don't think FreeBSD's drivers support
my KT133 chipset at all, so I'm not terribly surprised that agp.ko wouldn't
work on my system.  I'm pretty disappointed that nvidia's own drivers don't
seem to be working, either.
--
Kirk Strauser