Wireless Card and SSID

Peter Risdon peter at circlesquared.com
Mon Nov 29 20:42:16 PST 2004

RL wrote:
> Sending again... I really need to solve this.
>
> I have a Netgear WAG511 PC Card and am using the ath driver. In my
> /etc/rc.conf I have ath0 to use DHCP and also I have:
> ifconfig_ath0="ssid myssid".  Now, I can set this all up manually
> using ifconfig and it works till I reboot. When I set it in my rc.conf
> and I boot it up,

You really need to copy here exactly what you put in rc.conf and exactly
what you type on the command line to set it up manually. From what
you've said it's possible to assume you have two ifconfig_ath0= lines in
rc.conf, and I don't think that would work. The latter would replace,
not augment, the former.

I get "ath0: association failed (reason 12) for
> 00:0f:66:02..." flash on my screen one right after another. And when I
> do ifconfig, it shows no IP address NOR the ssid I set.  For some
> reason it doesn't see the SSID or DHCP I set up in rc.conf.

That doesn't follow.

Peter.

--

the circle squared