Printing to network printer?

Tom Connolly tomc at cqg.com
Mon Nov 29 13:22:00 PST 2004

Hello list,

I have Googled on this subject but as I am very new to FreeBSD, I find
the information a bit ambiguous.  I'm hoping that someone here will be
able to explain this to me like I am 3 years old.

I have a Dell Latitude C600 running FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE.  I have Samba
installed and working correctly and I also have CUPS installed.  I never
actually installed CUPS but I think it was installed with Samba.  I need
to be able to print to an HP LaserJet 5 hooked to a Windows 2003 Server
machine.  Could someone please explain to me how to do this?  The
printer is shared as HPLaserJet5.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom