Drive your Career to the Top

Magendran magendran at siliconindia.com
Mon Nov 29 13:20:03 PST 2004

   Hello,

   Career-tracks in India are poised to achieve world-class
   competitiveness. Are you ready?

   The work dynamics has changed,  so have corporate expectations, roles,
   responsibilites. Is this time for your career to move from technology
   to business domain? What is the bare minimum tech-knowledge to move
   into client interaction profile? Are you a better developer, technical
   analyst, project manager, account manager, sales manager or business
   unit head?

   How do you move into that position you have always wanted to? I am a
   born techie and want to live like that but the organization has other
   expectations, am not willing to sacrifice my expertise, what do I do?
   Enough of services, I want to move to product development, how do I?

   siliconindia brings to you, for the first time in India, a forum for
   working IT professionals to interact with business & technology
   leaders on issues of your concern. Country heads of global
   corporations, senior managers of various IT companies and technology
   experts will share their experiences on how they've moved-up the
   corporate ladder, and what facilitated them to become established
   corporate ladders.

   For the experienced IT talent this is a great learning and networking
   platform. Your opportunity to evaluate yourself, learn from their
   experiences and equip yourself to move up the value chain.

   To ensure that you do not miss this unique opporunity, resgister
   today. Seats are limited.
   [1]http://www.siliconindia.com/events/careerindia/

   AGENDA
   9.15  to 10.25 AM: The two ladders: Which one is for me?
   The two ladders: tech or biz? Where do you leave technology to adopt
   the business sense? What is enough technology for you to manage the
   business? In which stream will you make more? What is a successful
   career track for you in either?

   SPEAKERS
   S Surya, Managing Director, Infineon Technologies (India)
   Krishna Bharat, Center Head, Google (India) R&D Center
   Mahesh Mehendale, Director, SoC Design,Texas Instruments (India)
   Nicholas Dattoma, Director of Engineering, BEA Systems

   10.25  to 11.20 AM Technical Ladder myth or reality
   Tech ladder: is it a myth? The higher you go, the lesser you work in
   technology. Does pure technology have a career path? Customer-facing
   situations are not your cup of tea: but how do you cross the bridge?

   SPEAKERS
   L Gopalakrishnan, Director, Platform Technologies Group, Oracle India
   Development Center
   Pawan Goyal, Director of Engineering, Veritas Software India
   Dhananjay Joshi, Technology Lead, Accenture India Delivery Center
   Bala Sreekandatth, Technical Manager - Applications, Synopsys (India)

   11.50 to 1.00 PM Ascending the Ladder
   Ascending the ladder: faster, better, smoother. Either as a tech lead
   or biz lead, moving up is a challenge. What does it take to make the
   cut? Who is a good tech lead? Who is a good biz lead? When do you stop
   being one, and start another role?

   SPEAKERS
   Seetharaman Harikrishnan, Director, Microsoft India Development Center
   Niraj Patel, Director, ASIC Division, einfochips
   Sundar Nagarajan, Lab Director, HP Systems Technology & Solutions
   Group
   Shyam Ananthanarayan, Center Manager, HP Imaging and Printing Group
   Development Center
   Ram Pazhayannur, Director, Business Development, Persistent Systems

   2.30  to 3.30 PM: Switching ladders: How do I do it?
   What are the issues one needs to worry about to switch ladders (from
   technical to management ladder or vice versa)? What is the right time
   for such a switch over? How effectively and smoothly can one
   transition?

   SPEAKERS
   Saugat Sen, Group Director, Cadence Design Systems
   Speaker from Cisco & Intel

   3.30  to 4.40 PM  How do I switch from a services company to a product
   company?
   Switching tracks: How do you break into a product company? Does a
   services company portend the end of your technical learning? How do
   you manage a product company?

   SPEAKERS
   Arumugam Saravanan, General Manager, Global Delivery Center, Microsoft
   India
   Dr G Venkatesh, Chief Strategy Officer, Head - Product Division,
   Sasken Communication Technologies Limited
   Sudheer Koneru, Sr. Vice President - International Operations,
   SumTotal Systems

   A one day forum that will impact your lifetime! Register now and move
   up the corporate ladder!!  Click here to register
   [2]http://www.siliconindia.com/events/careerindia/